Monday, January 17, 2011

Process Piece for Digital Video Project


            Overall I think my video came out good, although, my original idea was not what ended up being produced.  I originally wanted to show a timeline of a male and then of a female on how through each stage of life advertisements are influencing.  From a small child choosing which toys were acceptable for their gender to play with, to adulthood buying the latest wrinkle crèmes.  I decided that would take a lot more time than 3-5 minutes to make it clear, and in-depth enough so I decided to alter my idea. 
            I decided to use some of my original idea, but focus mainly on women and what advertisements declare to them.   I wanted to use a lot of images to prove my points (most of my images I found through google.com).  I began with a few definitions of sexism, in case some viewers were unsure of what it officially meant.  Then I asked a friend, and my mother on what sexism meant to them, to give a real-life definition of the term.  After those few introductory slides I begun with images and how they influence women about the importance of appearances.  After those slides I wanted to wrap up with a few ending thoughts, and well as a one-slide timeline of a females acquiescence with advertisements through each stage of life.  
            I am happy with the outcome of my slideshow, I wish I could have used a movie program to make the images flow better, but I did the best I could with powerpoint.  I think I organized my ideas well, and the introduction slides and conclusion slides held my presentation together nicely!

            Sources; the images came from google.com, and I used the text “Readings for Diversity and Social Justice” , Section 5 “Sexism”.

No comments:

Post a Comment